Pages

Wednesday 30 March 2011

A review for The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting

Posted by Donna
Published Date: March 16th, 2010
Finished Date: March 28th, 2011
The Blurb: Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies - or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world...and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift, but now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer - and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling in love, Violet is getting closer to discovering a killer...and becoming his prey herself.


The Review: I'll admit I wasn't to sure about this book to start with, I'd heard quiet a review mixed reviews but in the end I thought I would give it ago myself, and I'm glad I did as I did end up enjoying it. 

The Body Finder is the first book in a new series by author Kimberly Derting and by writing a story about predator and prey, I believe she wrote this book beautifully. 


Violet Ambrose has a gift to finding the dead, human and animals. She was just eight years old when she found the first body and then for many years after that she's found many animals. That, is until there is a murder on the loose in her hometown and death seems to keep finding Violet everywhere. As she is the only one who can find the girls, the town's police asks for Violets help, help that could result in Violet becoming the next victim.


I found this story a little slow to start with but I did enjoy, as we get to know Violet and how her gift works. We also find out about her secret love for best friend Jay, who to say the least....is hot! but, we also see what her parents are like. I for one, am glad that Violet didn't have to hide who she was from them (as I have read so many times before) and I did enjoyed that her parents helped take her journey and also try to take the burden off her.


What I loved most about the book was that we got to take a peak at the murders point of view. I've only ever read one other book like it and I LOVED IT! To take you into the mind of a killer, its quiet disturbing but you can't help wanting to read more and try and understand why they do what they do.  Also, I'm glad for the romance that was included in the story. It was pretty obvious from the start that Jay & Violet are meant to be together, even though I could of banged their heads together at times, I'm glad they finally released they both felt the same way. 


Although I rated the book 3 flowers, I did enjoy it. I would recommend this to other readers as I believe its a must read. I look forward to reading the sequel too. 


7 comments:

Natalie Frampton said...

I've got this to read, I am intrigued :D

Book Passion for Life said...

It was was a good read hun. :) Hope you enjoy it :) D x

Mia said...

WOW this book definitely looks good to me.*added to TBR list* Thank You for this review.Keep Posting. New follower here.
Mia
http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

Elodie said...

Great review !! I really liked having the murderer POV too .. but unfortunately I didn't manage to apprciate the characters enough to love the book !! =(

Book Passion for Life said...

I'm going to read this too!
I bet the killer is Jay! Its always the ones you least expect LOL.
Jess x

Liz. R said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I think the killer POV is quite creepy yet intriguing - can't wait to get started! Thanks :).

Anusha Peter said...

Thank you for writing this quality informational content. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. If you want about top app development bangalore.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis