Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

A review for Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1) by Rebecca Maizel

Posted by Donna

Published Date: September 3rd, 2010
Finished Date: March 16th, 2011
The Blurb: When Lenah Beaudonte, a 500-year-old vampire queen, wakes up a human teenager at an ultra-cliquey prep school, she must choose between embracing the humanity she’s always craved and saving her new friends from her vicious coven. The first in a sizzling new YA series.


The Review: Infinite Days is the first book in the Vampire Queen series by author Rebecca Maizel, and oh boy, was it a great book.


The story follows Lenah who has been a vampire queen for over 500 years. She so desperatly wants to be human and  therefore she begs her former lover Rhode to perform a rutial that asks for a massive sacrifice. Once Lenah is finally human, she must try to live out her life getting to know how the world works again and also how to act like a normal 16 year old girl. When she enrolls in Wickham Boarding school, only then does her human life began to take turns that she never saw coming. And the biggest shock of all is Justin Enos - who Lenah in completely falling for. However, her happiness it short lived, when her former coven try to track her down, to return her to her right full place as their queen.


I can't say how much I loved this story. It's one of them books that has been sitting on my shelf for quiet sometime and now i've read it, I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner.


Lenah for me, was one of the best female characters i've read about. She was such a likable person that you couldn't fault her. You see her change in ways a vampire could only dream of. As the story develops she begins to love again, laugh again and feel things she never thought of, and, reading how she finally discovers what a stereo is & snorkling is, I found it so much fun. You do see quiet a few different sides to Lenah during the story, her vampire & her human side and I love reading about both.


What I enjoyed as well, was the secondary characters like Tony and especially Justin. I was quiet glad the author didn't focus to much on the other girls in the story. She didn't do a typical, we hate you story. Eventually they accepted Lenah and become her friends and I did enjoyed how their friendship develops.


Overall, this is a unquie new vampire series. And I am now eagerly awaiting for the release of the next book - Well, with that cliffhanger, what more could you expect. :)

3 comments:

Natalie Frampton said...

This is on my shelf too I must get round to it.

great review

Book Passion for Life said...

It was brill Nat - Such a cliffhanger too :) I NEED THE NEXT ONE! Lol. Just finished Forgive my Fins, need to do the review tomorrow but another 5 star book. :) Donna

Calwen said...

This series looks so interesting, I look forward to read them. But I am affraid of cliffhanger so I will wait until this series are finished. Does it have 2 or 3 books?

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis