Pages

Thursday 3 March 2011

A review for Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

***Possible Spoilers in the below review***


Posted by: Jessica                       

Published Date: 19th October 2010
Read Date: 10th January 2011
Blurb:Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Review: WOW!  From the moment I started reading this book, I was sucked in, like I've never been sucked in before. Its an amazing book. 

We meet Calla Tor, an alpha of the Nightshade pack, who goes against everything she has ever believed in. She saves a human named Shay Doran from an attack, and they form an unsteady relationship, mostly developed out of curiosity of each other. Calla is to be mated with Bane alpha Renier Laroche. Ren is cocky and overconfident, but his love for Calla is undeniable. Shay Doran, is pushy, clingy and far to nosy for his own good. I tried really hard to like Shay, really really hard, but I just couldn't. I couldn't see Calla's attraction to him. I honestly didn't get it. Ren, is great, in fact he's awesome. He's your typical alpha male which plays a big part in the story. He's easily likable and there's something about Ren that gets you going, you instantly want Calla to choose Ren, but ultimately deep down in your gut you know she won't. And she doesn't! 

Personally, Calla made the wrong choice, but I guess choosing your heart over your duty makes you do stupid things. I was hoping for an ending where Calla comes to her senses, but it wasn't to be. Chapter 33 is an emotional chapter, and is the chapter that I'm pretty sure will set off the next events in the 2nd book Wolfsbane. 

I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone interested in a new take on wolves. This book is good for people who enjoy reading of forbidden love, honor, betrayal, and a sense of duty. 

That's pretty much all I have to say, apart from thanking Andrea for writing this book, she has a great knack for story telling, and I also thank her for bringing this book into my life as well as Ren Laroche. 

P.S TEAM REN!!!!!!!!!!!!


9 comments:

Books for Company said...

I can not wait for Wolfsbane!!!

Book Passion for Life said...

Lol We're really looking forward to it too :)

Vanessa Valiente said...

I loved this book too!!! I am definitely Team Ren...can't wait for the next book :)

Book Passion for Life said...

Hi Vanessa - Yep! Jess is Team Ren. Me, I'm still a little on the fence. Lol. I know Ren is HOT but Shay is ermmmm Shay. Something about him too : )
Thanks for stopping by mean a lot :)
Donna

Book Passion for Life said...

Woo Team Ren!! **happy dance**

(Jess)

Wee Shubba said...

I really need to get this book

Book Passion for Life said...

Hey Siobhan, thanks for stopping by :)
You really should pick it up - its great :)
Donna

Book Passion for Life said...

I honestly can't wait for this book! I want to see more Ren!!! And then Ren should totally have a spinoff!!
Jess

Brent Morris said...

great review

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis