Pages

Saturday 16 April 2011

A review for The Advice Girl by L.A Shaw

Posted by Donna
Published Date: March 27th, 2011
Finished Date: April 16th, 2011
The Blurb: Kira and Sophia have been best friends since they were five years old. They share an apartment together, and tell each other everything. Everyone loves Sophia, and she is often called the advice girl by people who know her. Kira believes she knows her friend better than anyone. But in a mysterious accident, Sophia loses her life. Kira is mourning the devastating loss when she finds a note addressed to her from beyond the grave. Kira realizes she doesn't know her friend as well as she thought, as she starts to uncover the truth. She falls into a deep depression, confused and lost, until a visit from a strange man puts her in the middle of a war between two secret societies. Kira soon understands that she is in danger, and doesn't know who to trust. She has to fight for her own life now


The Review: Okay, first thing is first, The Advice Girl was not a book I had heard about before I was asked to review it and secondly, I'm asking why had I not heard about this book before....as it was a quick exciting read and I'm glad I read it. 

The Advice Girl follows the lives of Kira and Sophia, who have known each since they were 5 years old, who are now best friends and share an apartment together. When Kira arrives home one day from work, she is informed there has been a terrible accident and Sophia is dead. While Kira is mourning the loss of her friend, she find a letter from Sophia saying she is not dead. Kira is then thrown into the middle of Sophia's problems. 

I'm really glad I got to read this book because like I said before, I'd never heard of it. I enjoyed it because it had a little bit of everything....paranormal presence, suspense, excitement, action and of course romance. It was a short read but was also was very fast paced and there was never a dull moment. I liked that the story wasn't just from one persons point of view. With it being in several, we got to take a look at the other people and got to know them, also getting to know the VS (the bad guys) It was quiet exciting to read about them and actually find out what they were up to. Sophia and Kira were great characters, I'm glad we got a sneak peak to how their friendship was before everything changed but I do wish we got to see a little bit more to start with rather than the last few chapters. However, I do completely understand that it was apart of the story line and had a reason for being this way. 

I'll be honest when I say I had a little trouble believing Sophia's and Ethan's relationship. Even though I'm thankful there was romance involved in this book, I just felt it moved along a little too quickly and would of liked it to have been drawn out a little more, nonetheless, I still enjoyed it. 

Overall, I did enjoy this story, I'm eager to find out what happens next and I would recommend this to an Young Adult fan, also who can moan at the price £1.39 on Amazon UK. 

Thank you to L.A Shaw for giving me the opportunity to review this book.


No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis