Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#16)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1) Grab your current read
2) Open to a random page
3) Share one (1) OR two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Donna's Teaser Tuesday: Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs 

1) "You're watching me, princess." His soft lips spread into an appreciative smile. "People might get the wrong idea."
"What, that I actually like you now?" I tease. He shakes his head and leans towards me. "No, that you're trying to see past me to get an eyeful of Benson." 

2) "He's a shallow, self-absorbed jellyfish."

Jessica's Teaser Tuesday:  The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

1) "Do not blame me, Goodfellow." Grimalkin blinked, managing to sound bored and indignant at the same time. "I was minding my own business long before you and the princess started humping like rabbits." Puck snorted.
2) "Great," Puck panted, as Ironhorse cantered beside us, bellowing that he would shield me from the flames. "Just great. I hate spiders. I hate wasps. But, you know what I hate even more than that?" "Dragons?" I gasped.


What's your Teaser Tuesday? 
Leave us a comment below or link to your blog. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great teasers lol! Especially from Fins Are Forever!

Amy @ Turn the Page

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Great quotes! The Fins are Forever one makes me want to read the book.

And I love those ones from The Iron Daughter. That book is just awesome.

Book Addictions by Christina said...

I looove your quotes!!! Mine is from The Iron King :) I cant wait to read The Iron Daughter!
My Teaser Tue:
http://bookaddictionsbychristina.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-1.html

Thanks for letting me link up :)

Bookish Brunette said...

I totally need to read Fins are Forever!!!
The Bookish Brunette

Carina said...

Oh, Puck! So much Puck in the evening makes me happy. :D Love the scene from the first quote.

Aah, Fins are Forever. I'm still waiting for my copy of Forgive my Fins to arrive, but at least it's already been dispatched from The Book Depository. Its trip to Germany just takes a while. :D
Love the teasers though! Thanks for sharing. :)

Carina

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis