Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

A Review for A Light of Asteria (The Kailmeyra Series) by Elizabeth Isaacs

Posted by Donna
Published Date: February 25th, 2011
Finished Date: September 16th, 2011
Publishers: iUniverse 
Source: For Review 
Format: Kindle 
Pages: 380
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: If Nora Johnson hadn't been on campus that day she would have never known her true destiny. Helping her friends move into the dorm that she wanted to call home, Nora accidentally collides with mysterious stranger, Gavin Frey. His very first touch sends flames through her heart. The world seems different-something within her has changed. Nora tries to resume her mundane life, but she is now consumed with the one whose very presence ignited her soul, the one with eyes of emerald. Nora soon learns that an energy buried deep within has been unleashed. She now wields unimaginable power and has become Gavin's source, his strength.A gripping tale of unbounded love and ancient power, The Light of Asteria will take you on an epic adventure filled with war, treachery, and demons, as well as unimaginable delights. Her newfound joy is shaken when she discovers that Gavin is not who he appears to be and she has been thrust in the middle of a war of mythical proportions. Negativity has allowed all things evil to flourish, the earth is under siege. The fate of creation hinges on the power within her heart. Will she be strong enough to survive?


The Review: “I love you,” he whispered. He took me in his arms and kissed me with such tenderness and commitment that I thought I would surely drown.

Fantasy books for me are a bit out of the norm but when I came across this book, I knew it was one I had to get my hands on. Thankfully, the author kindly offered me a review copy so of course I quickly snapped it up….and let me tell you, I wasn’t left disappointed.

The Light of Asteria is an addictive and engrossing novel that will truly touch you’re heart. The author Elizabeth Isaacs manages to captivate and compel you into the world that she has created and makes you feel every single emotion that runs through this book. Not only do you feel the emotions but you also imagine a beautiful world that is very well described that you can’t help be touched by. The world you’re introduced to is pure, full of love and full of light that you can’t help but fall in love with.

I’ve never read anything about Elves in before so you can imagine my surprise when I realised what the story was about. I did honestly think at one point “What’s so special about Elves?” but oh my, was I left shocked. Elves are truly graceful creatures that only ever fall in love once. When they find their mate they are tied together in a beautiful ceremony that binds them together forever and the love they feel for one another makes each person stronger. This new take on finding your soul mate is truly an amazing story to read about. The thought and love that has gone into this part of the story really touched my heart and I absolutely fell in love with the concept. It’s a truly beautiful.

Before Nora met Gavin, she was a slightly weak character who never really believed in herself but as soon as she meets him, everything changes. She becomes a determined and strong character that grows throughout the story. Gavin’s love for her is so completely undeniable that it gives her more strength each day. But Nora loves Gavin just as much and their love for one another really shines through out this book. The secondary characters were second to none. Edna & Rena were another two fantastic characters that I loved but then there’s Elaine, Malachi, Elias who were also fantastic additions. The story wouldn’t have been the same without them. I have to say, I wish we had gotten to know Michael but his story, of course was inventible.

The only reason I didn’t rate this a 5 was because there were a few times, I felt slightly confused with some of explanations but despite that, the story itself was still beautiful, full of exciting twists and turns. It moves at its own steadily pace which will leave you dying to know more.

The Light of Asteria is definitely romance at its best and I promise you, you won’t be disappointed and I can’t wait for the sequel. 

3 comments:

Patricia's Particularity said...

I loved this book too. It was really had for me to write into words in my review how amazing this book is, but you did a fantastic job! You are right that this book touches your heart, in a very unique way, and it is very addictive. I'm counting down the days for the sequel.... 42 more days..... I live paranormal romances but I always find my thinking in the back of my head that such a romance/love could never happen, but the way Gavin's love is written I totally believe it exists. While this book is a feet, it is one worth it.

Great review.

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Yay I am so glad you enjoyed this one! I m really lookin forward to reviewing my copy now ! Superb review, as always Donna (: ~Haley

Hope Collier said...

Excellent review! I absolutely ADORE The Light of Asteria and Isaacs herself! Thanks for posting :D I can't wait for book 2 in the series!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis