Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

A Review for Fallen in Love (Fallen 3.5) by Lauren Kate

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: February 2nd, 2012
Finished Date: January 18th, 2012
Publishers: Random House
Source: Finished Copy for Review
Format: Hardback
Pages: 210
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arrianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce will spend a night together like none other.Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for. True love never says goodbye . . 

The Review: Fallen in Love is a novel which tells the tales of Miles, Shelby, Roland, Arriane, Luce and Daniel finding love on Valentine’s Day in Medieval England. With four different stories and each one completely different from the other, it was nice to see them all come together at the end to help Daniel and Luce have their perfect Valentine’s day. I did enjoy the single stories, some more than others but I don’t think it’s something you have to read in order to continue with the series. So read it or don’t read it….it’s your choice but I’m glad I did and here are my thoughts.

Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles.
I’ll be honest Shelby and Miles have never really been my favourite characters because I always felt they were quiet bland and were just put into the story to fill the pages. But after reading their story, I do feel more connected to them than before. Did I feel their story was necessary to the series? Not really. With or without it, it doesn’t make much of a difference but I guess it was nice to see them both falling love with each other. What I did enjoy was that they were as loyal to Luce as ever during this story and a girl always needs friends like them around.

Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland.
Roland’s story actually surprised me. Talk about HEART-BREAKING! Poor Roland. He tries to come to terms with the fact that he's fallen in love with a mortal girl and knowing that they don’t have a future together. So, he does the only thing he can think of that will be for the best; he leaves but he does try to return a few years later only to see the girl happily married to someone else. The sacrifice Roland makes to keep this girl happy is unbelievable and it made me fall in love with him. What I really enjoyed about this story was getting that extra insight on Roland as a character because you don’t see that in the series and mainly how deeply he cares for Arriane whose friendship means more to him than anything.

Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane.
I’ve always been a fan of Arriane, I really like her and her character is so unpredictable. Well, let me tell you this story definitely is unpredictable. Like all the others it’s Arriane’s love story but you would think it would be with a guy? WRONG! It’s with a girl named Tess and Lauren Kate definitely pulled out all the stops with this story. I think I enjoyed this story the most because it was fantastic to see Arriane in a different light but her story sure was heart-breaking. Falling in love with a girl that follows Lucifer is bad enough but when the girl asks you to changes sides for her is even worse. Good thing Arriane knows she belongs on the good side of the fight but it means her relationship with Tess is doomed and they don’t have future together. It’s a sad story but still good but I’d recommend you have a tissue ready.

Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda.
This was the story I was looking forward to most of all because it’s more time with Daniel and Luce, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I would of thought. Luce goes into Lucinda’s body so she can spend one Valentine’s Day with Daniel but she doesn’t really get to spend that much time with him. You read about her speaking with Bill, you read about her getting ready and all the while I was screaming for Daniel to come into the story. However, when he does it’s just like old times and it reminded me why I enjoy this series so much but it was just kind of the same old – the same information we’ve read previously about their relationships, except they do kind of get a happy ending on that one day. Overall it wasn’t really anything new and it’s not really necessary to the actual story but overall enjoyable.  

Sneak peek into Rapture; Yes, there’s a sneak peek into Rapture at the end of this book but I didn’t read it.  I’m crazy, lol….I’m dying to know what happens next but I didn’t want to start the story and not be able to finish it off because I’d have to wait another 5 months……that’s torture. So I’m going to bare with it and wait until June.

Thank you to the publishers for providing me with a copy for review. 

2 comments:

The More the Merrier said...

Fallen in Love seems like it would be a good book to read if I was interested in a fun easy read. I think I will read it if I get the chance.
I hear you about not reading the sneak peek of Rapture. I only read them if I will be able to get my hands on the next book relatively soon.

Domniki Chatzaki said...

Oh I want to read this book so much!! But I can't wait for Rapture to come out so maybe I will leave it and read it after I have read Rapture!! I need more Daniel in my life!  :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis