Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

A Review for On the Rim of Love by Marie Astor

Posted by Donna
Published Date: October 7th, 2011
Finished Date: January 23rd, 2012
Source: For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: Uknown 
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Twenty-two-year-old Maggie Robin has been dating the irresistibly good-looking Jeffrey Preston for a year. But when Jeffrey proposes marriage to her a week after her college graduation, Maggie finds herself wondering if she wants to spend the rest of her life married to a workaholic TV show producer. Her doubts culminate when during a ski trip to British Columbia she meets Taylor Denton, a handsome, free-spirited big mountain skier. Maggie’s attraction to Taylor is undeniable, but she is engaged to marry Jeffrey. Will Maggie have the courage to follow her heart?

The Review: I had never heard of this book before I was asked to review it and I have to admit, I was really excited to start. I’ve been itching to read a contemporary romance novel for a while now and this seemed like the right novel but after reading, I generally liked it but didn’t love it.

This story follows Maggie, a 22 year old girl who has just got engaged to her boyfriend of 2 years. However Maggie isn’t in a happy relationship and even though she tries, she knows deep down that Jeffery isn’t for her. When they go on their engagement trip to British Columbia to a ski lodge, it is there that she meets Taylor; a handsome skier. Maggie and Taylor’s attraction is undeniable but with Maggie being engaged to Jeffery, she has to really decide who and what she wants for her future but will Jeffery let Maggie go willingly? 

On the Rim of Love was a loving and likable story. It’s was a pretty easy read which was great because this is why I love contemporary romance novels. You can get lost in the story and know there will be a happy ending and the love interest is always to die for.  This is what On the Rim of Love was and I enjoyed it!

The main character Maggie was really likable and easy to connect with, despite her being quite unsure about her feelings for Jeffery and Taylor, she soon see’s who will truly encourage her to follow her dreams but not only that, become the women she has always wanted to become. It was really nice seeing her grow into that person. Now Taylor, I loved him. As soon as he came on the scene you just wanted to get to know him. I really enjoyed all the qualities he brought to the book too. Now the other characters like Jeffery and Bethany…..I really disliked. They were all shallow, selfish and were money hungry and from page one I hated them. None of them redeemed themselves either so I still dislike them now. So, overall Maggie and Taylor made this book for me.

The story itself was likable; I have to admit I got kind of bored with the ski references so when Maggie bought in her Photography dreams, it was a welcome addition to the book. I also didn’t really think the end of the story with the light and dreams were necessary. I would have preferred that part cut out of the story but is what is it but still enjoyable nonetheless. 

If you’re looking for a light and quick read that will leave you satisfied, then this is the novel for you. I enjoyed it and I reckon you will too.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy for review. 

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis