Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

A Review for Falling Fast by Sophie McKenzie

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: March 1st, 2012
Finished Date: February 5th, 2012
Publishers: Simon & Schuster
Source: For Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 247
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: When River auditions for a part in an interschool performance of Romeo and Juliet, she finds herself smitten by Flynn, the boy playing Romeo. But Flynn comes from a damaged family—is he even capable of giving River what she wants? The path of true love never did run smooth . . .This is real life, not a rehearsal...
>
The Review: Falling Fast is a sweet, loveable and compelling read which is ideal for a lazy Sunday afternoon - especially if you’re looking for a quick and easy read. It follows the story of River and Flynn, who meet by starring in a school production of Romeo and Juliet and head into a whirlwind and emotional relationship.

With this being my first book by author Sophie McKenzie, I didn’t really know what to expect but I’m eager to try some of her other books now because Falling Fast really left me satisfied.  From the start I immediately connected with book and the characters and found myself eager to finish it.

River is a really likable character, although a little naïve and doesn’t have much confidence in herself; she’s very sweet and a die hard romantic too. She’s looking for the love of her life and when she meets Flynn, she believes it’s him. Now Flynn, he’s a broody character but also very handsome. He’s sweet, kind and loveable but there is a dark side to him. He’s had a hard life and it reflects in his personality. I really do love him but I have to admit, I’m also worried about him going off the deep end. But Flynn and River together = VERY CUTE!

I'm really excited that this is going to be a series because even though the author finished the book on a good ending, I'm not ready to leave these characters behind. BUT I wish it was sooner than 2013! The wait is going to kill me!

Overall, Falling Fast is a perfect example of a young adult contemporary novel and I cannot wait to read more.

6 comments:

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

This one sounds really good! I love quick reads (and contemporary novels too) so I might have to check this out :) Thanks for the great review girls!

Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I hate waiting for a book you really want! That's the bad thing about being an avid reader. :D

I'm glad you liked this! I haven't actually read a book by this author before but she definitely sounds like someone to check out. Great review! :)

Giselle said...

Awww this does sound very cute I love books like this! Especially to read after a bunch of intense books. I haven't heard of this author before thought. Actually when I looked the first time I thought it was Sophie Kinsella :)

Great review!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Prangon said...

Putting this in my TBR right now. I have never read YA contemporary novel, but this sounds really cute. I need to have it >_<

Unknown said...

'Lazy Sunday afternoon books' is one of my favorite genres. Great job on the review.

Carina said...

This sounds really great, hun! I have seen it before, but never really knew what it was about, but you've definitely managed to intrigue me. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Have a lovely weekend,
Carina

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis