Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Dusty Reads (#17)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read
Entwined
by Heather Dixon


Azalea and her younger sisters dance in the mysterious silver forest every night, escaping from the sadness of the palace and their father’s grief. What they don’t understand—although as time passes they begin to get an inkling of the danger they are in—is that the mysterious and dashing Keeper is tightening his snare with deadly purpose. Luckily, Azalea is brave and steadfast. Luckily, a handsome young army captain also has his eye on Azalea. . . . Lush, romantic, and compelling, this debut novel by Heather Dixon will thrill fans of Shannon Hale, Robin McKinley, and Edith Pattou.

Jess's thoughts: I bought this a long time ago. It's still sat on my shelf, I hope to get to it soon. I almost picked it up on Sunday night but decided against it. I'm excited to read it, it sounds like an interesting read, and the cover is absolutely stunning! 


Fool's Silver (Mortal Kiss, #2) Donna's Dusty Read

Fools Silver (Mortal Kiss #2)
by Alice Moss


Could you chose between the ones you love . . . ?A gorgeous boyfriend and a long summer in Winter Mill to look forward to - things are good for Faye McCarron.Then her friend Lucas disappears without a trace. But nobody seems to care - until two strangers arrive in town . Faye and Finn leave Winter Mill to try and find Lucas. But with Finn struggling to adjust to his new role as leader of the wolf pack, and unknown evil forces working against them, will they save their friend before it's too late? Love paranormal romance, werewolves and immortal villains? Then this book is for you!

Donna's thoughts:  Ahhh why have I not read this book yet? Honestly, I read the first book in the series about 18 months ago and I loved it. I know the book isn't that well known because I believe it's published in UK/Germany so far but it's a series not to be missed out on. I so need to read this now! 

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

5 comments:

Melanie H said...

Mortal kiss 2 is one of mine aswell, had it since it came out but worried it may have 2nd book syndrome :S

Katesbooklife said...

I've been dying t read Entwined hope you enjoy reading it when you get around to it. I read the first Mortal Kiss but didn't enjoy it like you did.

YearningtoRead said...

Entwined is DEFINITELY a must read!!  It's one of my favorites!! :D  I haven't heard of the other one...I'll check it out!
Sierra @ Yearning to Read
www.yearningtoread.blogspot.com

Elodie RASO said...

I love the cover for Entwined !! I look forward to know what you think of this one Jess ..
The Mortal Kiss series sounds pretty good .. can't wait to read your review on the second book Donna :) !! 

haley hagen said...

ahh! Mortal Kiss book one is a Dusty Reads of mine from you!!! I need to read it soon! (:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis