Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

US vs UK (#45)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 45th US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 45

Graffiti Moon by Cat Crowley 

Graffiti MoonVS  Graffiti Moon

Jess says: Oh wow. This is a tough one. I really like both of these covers! I really don't know which one to choose! So it's a tie for me.


Donna says:  This is a tough one for me because while I've read the both, I feel that the US cover fits the book so much better because it's features the two main characters but I love the graffiti in the background in the UK cover. But I will pick US!


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Insurgent by Veronica Roth 

Insurgent (Divergent, #2) VS  Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Jess says: Ahh a book I must read very soon. I like both of these covers. I definitely like the UK cover more though. It just screams pick me! I love the US too but only because it would match my UK First Edition of Divergent. So UK for me.


Donna says:  Again, another tough one because I love both but I have to go with the UK cover because I love the purple they've used and the three leaves on fire too.


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to.......UK! 

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :)

22 comments:

Under The Covers Book Blog said...

This is a hard choice! I like the UK cover for Graffiti Moon, although I don't like the girls face stuck to the side of it, but I really love the US cover for Insurgent, I like the symbol and the colour of it. So for me it is a draw!

Suzanne

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

For me it's a tie for Graffiti Moon and ... well, I love the UK version of Insurgent but I have the US paperback for Divergent and it kinda grew on me so I'll go with the US one :)

Ruby Replogle said...

Wow! Its a tie for both :) I can't choose!

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I can't choose between the covers of Insurgent but I definitely prefer the US cover of Graffiti Moon. :)

Lesley said...

I have to say I prefer both the US versions. Graffiti Moon is a seriously amazing book I'm so glad it's coming out in the UK.

Sarah E. said...

I have to say US for both. I think the UK cover of Graffiti Moon is too busy and I honestly don't think anything could beat the US cover for Insurgent. It's just rad!

Mist_BookaholicsBookClub said...

UK for graffiti moon but US for Insurgent! Although the UK covers have grown on me

Elodie RASO said...

I have to go with the US cover for both of these books .. I haven't read Graffiti Moon yet but I really like the US cover though I agree the graffiti in the  background of the UK cover looks very prety. I absolutely love the US covers for both Divergent and Insurgent while I've never liked much the UK covers ... :)

Mel @thedailyprophecy said...

The first one: US. I like the colors and the silhouets.The second one: US again. I like the trea and the surrounding :)

Erin W. said...

US for both! The UK covers are fine . . . but I think the US covers represent the story far more.

Jasprit @ The Readers Den said...

This week's covers are such tough ones to decide between! I definitely prefer the U.S cover of Grafitti Moon, like Donna says it fits the book so much more! But I can't decide between the Insurgent they're both so beautiful! 

Melanie Hall said...

US for both, I was gutted they changed the Insurgent cover so I didn't buy the new one in protest lol I will look for the one i want instead ;)

Tattoogirl said...

I know it's not exactly pertaining to this or to the US vs UK but I thought this is pretty cool : http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/maibyers/?action=view&current=IMG_0625.jpg It's the Hunger Games (obviously) in Polish. It actually says "Death Games" which my Polish buddy thought was stupid. She read it in English and bought it for her mom in Polish. But in the book it says Huger Games. 

Suzanne Finnegan said...

I would go with the US cover for Graffiti Moon but definitely the UK cover for Insurgent 

Cliona @ Bookster Reviews said...

1. The UK cover is alright, but it seems too 'urban youth crime' if you know what I mean? The US one is less striking, but better overall! I used to not like it, but on examination it has grown on me!

2. I would rather own the US one cos it matches my Divergent copy. The UK  one doesn't suit the story I think! And it reminds me of the red cover for Blood Red Road, which I don't like! I think I would pick the US one!

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

UK for Graffiti Moon and the US one for Insurgent. Thanks for sharing :)

Rebecca (Kindle Fever) said...

Definitely tough choices this week, but I have to go with US on Graffiti Moon and UK for Insurgent! Somehow these just pop out more to me and makes me more intrigued of the story.

Natasha Parker said...

I have to say that for me I really like the US cover for Graffiti Moon and the UK cover for Insurgent.

Heyxtara said...

I definitely prefer the UK cover for Graffiti Moon, but I definitely prefer the US cover for Insurgent!  

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

Ah! This really is a hard pick! I love both covers for both books! LOL!

Carina Olsen said...

US on both :D Graffiti Moon looks awesome; and I'm not really liking the UK cover. :) And with Insurgent I am in love with the US cover. <3 The UK cover is alright; but don't really like it much ;p

haley hagen said...

For Graffiti Moon I deff like the US one more!!!!!!! I love covers that have couples on them (: As for Insurgent although the US ones are okay, I deff prefer the UK covers!!! They are so pretty and I love the purple colors (:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis