Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #16

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Jess's WoW
Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever World #1)
by Karen Marie Moning
Release date: October 30th 2012

(There's no synopsis right now, but below is a teaser. This follows Dani O'Malley who we met in the Fever series with Mac and Barrons. This follows her journey into the Fever World. )

“You’re not responsible for the world just because you’re more capable.”

“Course I am.  That’s what more capable folks do.”

“You could ask me to teach you.”

“Huh?” This night is getting weird in a hurry. “Teach me like you’re teaching a class or something? What are you going to call it: You-too-can-be-a sociopath-101?”

“It would be more like a graduate level class.”

I start to snicker. His sense of humor sneaks up on you. Then I remember who’s talking and bite it off.

“You want to be faster, stronger, smarter. Ask me to teach you.”

“I ain’t asking you for nothing. And you might be faster and stronger. For now. No way you’re smarter.”

“Your choice. But turn around because you’re not leaving. It’s night, and you know what that means.”

“Like, it’s dark?”

“You’re with me until dawn.”

“Why dawn? You a vamp or a zombie or something that can’t stand the light?”

He freeze-frames away, moves in on the scene. “I like sex for breakfast, kid. I eat early and often.”

(Teasers posted by Karen Marie Moning on her fan page/Facebook)

Donna's WoW
Losing Lila (Lila, #2)Losing Lila
by Sarah Alderson
Release date: August 2nd 2012


Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which somehow is managing to track their every move. Whilst Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila’s only thought is of finding a way back to California so that she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they’re being held.


Struggling to control both her growing power and her deepening feelings for Alex, Lila decides the time has finally come to stop running and start fighting. Together with Alex, Demos, and the people she’s come to think of as family, Lila plans not just to save her brother and mother, but to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for. 


But the plan requires Lila to return alone to California, make friends with the enemy, and to risk losing everything - Alex, her family, and even her life.
<
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? 
Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 
Happy Reading!

14 comments:

Nita said...

I wait for Iced too. :)

Yvonne L said...

Lol I have Losing Lila as my WoW for this week too. So looking forward to it :)
Haven't read the Fever series yet but I have book 1

My
WoW 

Yvonne L said...

Whoops sorry the link didn't come up.

http://xtheshadowrealmx.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

Fara Nani said...

I want Losing Lila but I haven't even read Hunting Lila. Lol. Awesome picks! :D

Drop by my WoW?

Elodie RASO said...

OMG I'd kill for a copy of Iced, awesome pick Jess !!  I hadn't read the teaser so hank you sooo much for including it in the post !! Who is Dani talking to ? ahhhh I need to know !!
I haven't read Hunting Lila bu I've heard awesome things about it so I really look forward to pick up a copy. Great pick Donna :) !!

StephLikesBooks said...

I love the cover for Iced, it looks really good! Hunting Lila sounds really cool, I haven't read the first one yet though! I probably should because I've heard it's amazing! :)

StephLikesBooks said...

haha I meant Losing Lila! Oops :) 

Carina Olsen said...

Great picks ;) Haven't read either of these series yet; but they do seem great :)
Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

I am SO looking forward to Losing Lila! I loved the first book. :)

Carina said...

I really need to get to my copy of HUNTING LILA sometime this year - can't believe I haven't read this one yet. :( Lovely picks, ladies! :)

haley hagen said...

ahhh great wow picks!!! I still need to read the Fever series AND Hunting Lila!!!!! (: I will have to pick them up soon(:

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

Great WoW once again! I haven't read anything by Karen Moning yet but the cover made me want to pick this book up!

Missie Bee said...

ICED!!! I can't wait!!! LOL

YearningtoRead said...

Wow!  Iced looks really really good!  Thanks for sharing - I hadn't heard of it yet.  :)  I keep seeing Losing Lila around but haven't really looked into it...now I'm getting interested.  Thanks! :D
Sierra @ Yearning to Read
www.yearningtoread.blogspot.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis