Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#17)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Jess's WoW
The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
Release date: May 24th, 2012

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


Donna's WoW
The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring #2)
The Torn Wing  
(The Faerie Ring #2)
by Kiki Hamilton
Release date: October 2012
<
Tiki’s greatest fear suddenly becomes all too real: the fey have returned to London seeking revenge. As war escalates in the Otherworld, Queen Victoria’s youngest son, Prince Leopold, is attacked. In order to protect her family and the ones she loves, she needs to know the meaning of an fáinne sí, the birthmark that winds around her wrist. But will Tiki be brave enough to face the truth?
>
A bloody escape, a deadly threat, a shocking revelation…
<
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? 
Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 
Happy Reading!

9 comments:

Fara Nani said...

Awesome picks! I love this cover of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight :D


Fara @ Tumbling In Books

Mary @SweepingMe said...

Ooo TSPOLAFS - Long name but I sooo want to get this one. Great pick! I have not read the first of the The Faerie Ring. I will have to check those out as well.

Mary
http://sweepingme.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-8/ 
                 

Sarabara081 said...

I adored The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! Such a sweet, quick read! I haven't read The Faerie Ring yet but it sounds interesting. Great picks! :)
My W.O.W.

Angie F said...

I really liked TSPOLAFS! :D
 
Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

LiteraryExploration said...

I'm really excited to finally read my copy of Statistical Probability :D It's going to be sooo goood :D









Anna @ Literary Exploration

Caroline Taylor078 said...

So this is the new cover of TSPOLATS? I bought it earlier in the year, I did enjoy it but not quite as much as I expected.

YearningtoRead said...

GREAT choices!  I'm waiting for both of these as well!   I love Kiki Hamilton and I haven't read any of Smith's books.  (Has she written more than one?)  Thanks for sharing!

Sierra  @ Yearning to Read
My WW:  http://yearningtoread.blogspot.com/2012/05/wishlist-wednesday-3-wicked-and-just.html

Elodie RASO said...

The Uk cover for The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight looks soo cute :) !! It's a great book and I look forward to know what you think of it Jess :) ! 
I didn't like The Faerie Ring that much but I look forward to know what you think of The Torn Wing Donna.. Besides the cover for this one looks gorgeous ! 
Great picks :) 

Ari said...

I hope you'll enjoy "The Statistical Probability...", I LOVED it!
Have fun with it ;)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis