Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#18)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Jess's WoW
My Life Next DoorMy Life Next Door
by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Release date:June 14th, 2012


“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.



Donna's WoW
Spark (Sky Chasers, #2)Spark (Sky Chasers #2)
by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Release date: July 12th, 2012
<

Waverly and Kieran are finally reunited on the Empyrean. Kieran has led the boys safely up to this point, and now that the girls are back, their mission seems slightly less impossible: to chase down the New Horizon, and save their parents from the enemy ship. But nothing is truly as it seems…Kieran’s leadership methods have raised Seth’s hackles— and Waverly’s suspicions. Is this really her fiancé? The handsome, loving boy she was torn from just a short time before? More and more, she finds her thoughts aligned with Seth’s. But if Seth is Kieran’s Enemy No. 1, what does that make her? 


In one night, a strange explosion rocks the Empyrean—shooting them off course and delaying their pursuit of the New Horizon—and Seth is mysteriously released from the brig. Seth is the most obvious suspect for the explosion, and Waverly the most obvious suspect for releasing him. As the tension reaches a boiling point, will Seth be able to find the true culprit before Kieran locks them both away—or worse? Will Waverly follow her heart, even if it puts lives at risk? With the balance of power precarious and the clock ticking, every decision counts… every step brings them closer to a new beginning, or a sudden end...
<
What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? 
Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 
Happy Reading!

13 comments:

Eunice Gambe said...

I'm so looking forward for My Life Next Door too! Sounds like a fluffy and sweet read. Definitely my kind of contemporary romance. I haven't read any of the Sky Chasers series but it does sound interesting. Gotta check it out. Great picks! :)

Eunice @ Book Overdose

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

These both sound like really interesting reads. I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks for sharing girls 

My WoW

areadersdevotion said...

I like the sound of My Life Next Door. I have never heard of the Sky Chasers series. I'd better look into that :). Thanks for sharing.

My
WoW

Fara Nani said...

My Life Next Door is like on my Top 10 must have books list. Great picks! :D

Drop by my WoW?

Danny Bookworm said...

OoO I so want to read My Life Next Door!! It sounds so cute! 

Emily Blake said...

Wow two great choices. I can't wait for My Life Next Door, and I haven't read the first book before Spark...guess I'll have to get around to that :p. Thanks for sharing!! :)

My WoW

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

Oh, I'm SO waiting on My Life Next Door! It sounds like THE perfect summer read :) Great picks!

My WoW

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh, great picks :D Both books looks awesome ;) And oh. Love the cover for Spark. :) <3
Love, Carina

sarabara081 said...

I haven't read the first book in the Sky Chasers series but my Life Next Door is one of my highly anticipated summer reads! Great picks! :)
My W.O.W.

Jenese Leon said...

New Follower. Haven't heard of these. Nice picks. 
--Jenese

http://readersconfession.blogspot.com/

Michelle Chew said...

I'm looking forward to My Life Next Door! Seems like a good contemporary read. <3 Haven't heard of Sky Chasers series though.

My WoW

Elodie RASO said...

Great picks girls :) !! I can't wait to read My Life Next Door, it sounds like a great conemporary read ! I haven't read the first  book in the Sky Chasers series but it sounds awesome so I look forward to .. The cover for the second book looks gorgeous !! 

Dani (Pen to Paper) said...

I have My Life Next Door pre-ordered! It sounds SO good. I can't wait to get it :) 


Dani x

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis