Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

A Review for Losing Lila (Lila #2) by Sarah Alderson

Losing Lila (Lila, #2)Posted by Donna
Expected Release Date: August 2nd, 2012 
Finished Date: June 13th, 2012
Publishers: Simon & Schuster UK
Source: ARC For Review
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 320
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which somehow is managing to track their every move. Whilst Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila’s only thought is of finding a way back to California so that she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they’re being held.
Struggling to control both her growing power and her deepening feelings for Alex, Lila decides the time has finally come to stop running and start fighting. Together with Alex, Demos, and the people she’s come to think of as family, Lila plans not just to save her brother and mother, but to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for. 
But the plan requires Lila to return alone to California, make friends with the enemy, and to risk losing everything - Alex, her family, and even her life.

The Review: "It isn't just your fight, it's our fight. It's not just about revenge...it's about stopping them. I would fight this battle even if it wasn't about your mum. Or about you."
.
 Sarah Alderson has done it yet again, and created another completely remarkable book. Losing Lila is full of pure-awesomeness, unputdownable and one of my favourite reads this year!
.
After the shocking events in Hunting Lila, Alex and Lila are on the run from the Unit, but it’s not long before the unit is hot on their trails. Alex goes to desperate lengths to keep Lila safe, which leads them to the most dangerous parts of Mexico and joining Demos’s team to take down the Unit.  But Lila’s main focus is on her family. She will do anything to keep them safe – even if that means revealing her gifts in front of her enemies   then  so be it.  But, can Lila do the impossible and defeat her enemy once and for all or will they all become the Unit’s test subjects?

Losing Lila was just as great as its predecessor – if not even better. It's such a page turn that is full of adrenaline packed scenes, exciting and dangerous moments, with fantastic characters. What else could you need from a book? Losing Lila is everything you want from a book and more. But - honestly, I’m not ready to give up this up. I’ve fallen in love with everything about this series, that I cannot help be enthralled by Sarah’s remarkable talent to be able to create such a  fascinating story, that I just want more. 
.
I completely adore Lila as a YA heroine. I think she is a great role model and she has so many likable qualities. She really grows as a character during this story, because she finally takes charge of her life and doesn’t just sit back and let everyone protect her. She puts herself in the firing line and actually endangers herself. Her relationships with her family are very special to her, especially the bond she has with her brother and Alex which are very touching to read about. Alex and Lila's relationship is very special and loving that you can't help love these two together. 
Now Alex, sigh! I'm lost for words with him! He's such a swoon-worthy character and he's so damn hot, that Lila is really one lucky girl. I literally have to keep reminding myself that "HE'S NOT REAL". Everyone needs a guy like him, he's everything you want from a male lead and I absolutely adore him. 
Not only that but the secondary characters are second to none. I found myself really enjoying scenes with Suki and Key because they bring so much humour to the story and also I liked that we got to see Lila's Dad more too. 
.
Overall, Losing Lila is an unforgettable and phenomenal read, and once you read Sarah Alderson's work, you will continue to want more. I cannot wait to read this series over and over again in the near future and I'll keep praying for more books about Lila and Alex. A must read! 
.
A huge thank you to Simon & Schuster UK for giving me the opportunity to review this book and also for the opportunity to meet Sarah too! 

12 comments:

Sabrina Jamers said...

Ohhh I am so jealous!!!! I am so waiting desperatly for this book release !!! It is even written in my agenda (as if I could forget it ^^) Thanks for this review, it will help me to wait till the 2nd of August!!

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

Great review, Donna! I agree with you - I loved this book so much, I want more! It'll be sad to let go of Alex so soon. ;) 

Suzanne @ Paranormal Book Fan said...

With all the great reviews I've read of this I plan to pick up Hunting Lila on my next trip to the library. I can't wait to meet Lila and Alex. Great review Donna :)

Michelle Chew said...

Losing Lila! I can't wait to read it after reading your review! I've already ordered it a few months ago! Thanks for sharing your review. *swoons over Alex*

Viv said...

Looking forward to this one!

Rebecca (Kindle Fever) said...

While I'm afraid to read your review too closely as I haven't gotten to the first one yet, I'm super glad to hear you loved this one so much! I SO have to read this series, it sounds fantastic. Actually, all of Alderson's books does. ;)

Carly Chambers said...

Fab review, Donna! I can't believe you got to meet her!  Glad you enjoyed it so much, I need to get my paws on the first book really soon! :)

Brodie said...

I'm ridiculously beyond on commenting lately *groans at Google Reader*, but I knew I could not miss this and damn....  I think just one letter can sum up my thoughts about your review: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! *squeals* THIS. SOUNDS. EVEN. BETTER. THAN. HUNTING. LILA. How is that possible?! I don't think I ever doubted Sarah would deliver on the goods, but I'm always slightly wary in case a sequel doesn't live up to the amazing original. Clearly this DOES. Hahaha so with you on having to remind yourself Alex isn't real. And I hear he... he... *fans self* is NAKED in this?! :O

I'm ridiculously excited to see Lila in action and for them to SAVE JACK! They have to save Jack!! Brilliant review, Donna. I'm reading this next, but you don't know how bad I want to drop my current read and just dive in NOW :P

Lea Krnjeta said...

I havent yet read the first one but I am dying to. Great review. 

Rachelanbig said...

So glad to hear that this is just as good if not better than Hunting Lila, as I adored that story! I'm so excited to read this and get my fix of Alex!! Lila is one lucky girl (I know, like you said, Alex isn't real!) Wonderful review. :)

My keeper shelf said...

If it's EPIC then I definetly want to read it.

Gaby said...

I haven't read the first one and am so jealous that you did but I will soon (hopefully) . The cover looks amazing on this one :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis