Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

A Review for Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) by Abbi Glines

Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)Posted by Donna
Release Date: April 25th, 2013
Finished Date: June 15th, 2013
Publishers: Simon & Schuster UK
Source: For Review 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 290
Set in the steamy coastal Alabama town of Sea Breeze, an interconnected group of older teens hook up, break up ...and much, much more. Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he'd rather forget behind him. But instead, he's jerked right back his home town of Sea Breeze due to a family crisis. The only bright spot to returning is the hot redhead who sleeps over at his place several times a week. There's just one thing though - she's sleeping in bed with his new roommate, Cage York. Willow "Low" Foster needs a place to live. Running to her best friend Cage's apartment every time her sister kicks her out isn't exactly a long term solution. But Cage has a new roommate and suddenly sleeping over at his apartment isn't such a bad thing. Not when she gets to see those sexy green eyes of Marcus's twinkle when he smiles at her like he wants her there. There's one problem though, Cage is under the disillusion that when he's through sowing his wild oats, he's going to marry Low - an assumption Marcus intends to change. But when his carefully laid plans come crashing down with a revelation he never expected, Marcus will have to choose between Low or his family. Because once the truth comes out ...there's no other choice.

The Review: “I don’t think I’m making myself very clear Low,” he’d lowered his voice and the effect made goose bumps break out over my body. “I was only interested in one person at that bar last night. I only came to see one person,” he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and softly caressed my earlobe before tracing the line of my jaw. “I was there for you.” 

Firstly I want to say thank you to Simon & Schuster for sending me signed copies of Abbi's book!! You guys rock. And secondly, plain and simple, Abbi Glines is the Queen of contemporary romance! Everything this women writes, she write well and I'm completely addicted to her work. 

After listening to Breathe on audio, I dived straight into Because of Low because I was so eager to find out what Abbi had in store for Marcus. I loved Marcus in Breathe and while I did feel sorry for him, the events that happened were clearly for the best. Here's where we're introduced to Low. Low is best friends with Cage, so when Marcus moves in with Cage, Cage's claims on Low makes things a tad difficult. So when sparks start flying between Marcus and Low, Low has some choices to make. Does she keep her heart locked away or does she finally let someone in?

Because of Low is a steamy and gritty read! With Breathe, Abbi didn't take many chances with the story line (and yes, I do see why) however, with Because of Low...she took every risk possible to make this an unforgettable story. Marcus and Low's story was so much more enjoyable than Sadie and Jax's, I found myself thinking of this characters all day while I was at work and unable to continue reading. The steamy chemistry between Marcus and Low was addictive and extremely hot. I've noticed with Abbi's writing that she always manages to capture the truly beautiful...and hot moments, always making it feel very realistic. And also how much her writing improves with each book. I love that! 

I have to say, even having worked out the big secret and feeling very proud of myself for doing so, I just loved the twist. Even once it clicked, I was shocked. It was one hell of an awesome twist and it worked so well within the story. 

Cage, Preston, Dewayne, Sadie, Jax, Amanda and of course, Marcus and Low made this story so lovable. It's so easy to fall for them all - even when one of them is acting like a jerk. I'm so excited to start Cage's story now, I'm hoping his story can top Marcus's and Lows. So I say, bring it on!

1 comment:

mayceegreene said...

I love Abbi Glines!!!!

This book is still on my TBR list. Can't wait to get to it :)

Thank you for you review!

Maycee (Pinky's Seattle Plumber)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis