Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2013

A Review for Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1) by Abbi Glines

18337053Posted by Donna
Release Date: August 1st, 2013
Finished Date: June 22nd, 2013
Publishers: Simon & Schuster UK
Source: For Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 272
My future was about to be completely thrown off track because Della Sloane was under my skin, and I had to have her. I couldn't ignore it anymore. . . . I'd gotten close enough to her to see deeper. 

Della Sloane is not your average girl. Yearning to break free of her dark and sheltered past, Della plans a solo road trip to experience real life on her own terms. But the trip is nearly cut short in the little beach town of Rosemary when she realizes she can't even pump her own gas-until Woods Kerrington shows up, more than willing to help out a pretty girl in need. 

Woods's family wants him to settle down with a wealthy woman in pearls, but he can't resist this carefree girl in cutoffs passing through town. A one-night stand should have been enough, but months later, Woods can't get the irresistible Della out of his head. 

When a twist of fate brings Della back to Woods, all signs point to trouble if they don't keep their distance. Neither is truly free, and a relationship could destroy both of them. With their hearts on the line, Della thinks the safest bet is to walk away. But Woods isn't about to let that happen… 

The Review: It's no secret how much I love Abbi Glines work, so of course, I had to read Twisted Perfection, and let me tell you, it's even better than her Fallen too Far series! 

Admittedly I didn't read Simon & Schuster's edition of this book because I'd already read it on kindle when it was first released. However, after receiving a copy through the post from the publishers, I thought I'd knock out a review for them seems as they'd just revealed the UK and plus, I hadn't wrote one before. While on the subject of the cover, I like it, however I do think the US covers are better. I love the fact that they've got the characters on the cover but where as the UK pubs have decided to go with the Fifty Shades theme. I'm not keen on it. I wish we had the same as the US peeps, they're much more eye catching and can be marketed for any audience (or so I believe). 

Anyway back to the review. Woods.....I knew I loved him for a reason. We first see him in the Fallen too Far series as Blaire's boss, but even at that point I knew there was something special about him. It's not until Twisted Perfection that you really get to see how special he is. The problem with Woods is, he's worked so hard to get where he is under his father's ruling, it's difficult for him to take himself away from his work and, his father. He's being focused into an arranged marriage and it's safe to say, he's an unhappy guy. It's not until he has a one-night stand with Della that he suddenly wants more with his life, but how does take hold of his future when he stands to lose so much? 

I really, really loved Della and Wood's story. It's different from all other Abbi's books because she wrote this purely as an adult book, and I have to say she did a marvellous job. It's full of angst and drama and the connection between the characters is sizzling hot. They have a lot of hurdles to overcome, and there's tears but it's so worth it. I love being able to get completely invested in characters like these, and Abbi once again manages to leave me 100% completely satisfied. And can I say, I love Grant and Jace! I need more of these guys. I know we're getting Grant's story soon, so I'm hoping we will see more of Jace too. 

Overall, I think it's impossible to hate anything Abbi Glines writes because she knows exactly what her readers are looking for, and she some how manages to bring it to life. It's a remarkable talent she has and I seriously can not wait for more. 

1 comment:

cheapjerseys said...

really good

jerseys cheap 2013 http://www.hotwhole.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis